Wednesday, April 7, 2010

*

I've edited the title of my blog in light of recent updates with my internship...

Cirque offered me an extension on my internship. Though I was not able to accept the full offer (due to wanting to attend graduation, needing prep-time for my next contract, and having to move out of my apartment) I will be adding on more week to my time in Vegas. I'm very excited and honored to have been presented with this opportunity.

Some other quick updates about this week is that I was able to shadow most of the other departments during shows. I've been with Rigging, Carpentry, Lights and Sound, and today I will follow Automations and Props. By allowing me to tag along with the other departments, it's given me a greater appreciation of how complex this show really is. It also reminds me that I'm working with the best of the best. Everyone is very good at their job--which I guess is a given--and I truly believe that every person wants to be working where they are. I was also reminded that everyone is there to do *their* job. It's not my place to collect the rainsticks for the props guys--they'll be there. They'll do their job and I'll do mine and the show will go forward as needed. It's a great challenge and benefit for me to take the time to prefect and improve my track because there is no need--and again, it's not really my place or role--for me to worry about the other departments. It's all a great big, well-oiled (and time-tested) machine!

My other update is that my macbook has been sent off for repairs. I'm currently borrowing my roommate's computer to check in and update. I'll be offline for about a week or so, but again--this could be a good thing. Mom and Aunt are in town and I'll be spending time with them these next two days. Tomorrow's plan is to visit Red Rock Canyon (a favorite sight-seeing place of the locals and tourists--I hear it's beautiful) and to see Lion King tomorrow night. LK is a full Broadway-length play, and I think we'll all throughly enjoy it--but I might get a bit antsy between acts. I'm now accustomed to 90m shows!

Cheers to you for reading this again--a special shout-out to my friends in Elon, my family members in MD, TN, and FL, and the beau in VA. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment