Saturday, May 1, 2010

Winding Down...

And it all comes to a close--or it will in 5 days.

I'm going into my final week of CdS life today. This past week I completed my final project(s) and will continue to do these tasks throughout this coming week. This coming Monday I'll be running a Cube training, and throughout the week I'll be sitting in the booth doing the SM choreography, doing pre-show check in and line-up read and calling cues for the Main a Main act. Wow. Pretty cool. I can officially say that I've called cues during a live Cirque du Soleil show.

But anyway, as things wind down it's time to plan for my return trip back East. My Mom will be joining me for this adventure and on this trip we'll be taking some time to visit the Grand Canyon and visit family. Once in Virginia I'll spend a few days with the beau and then head back to North Carolina for commencement. After this I'll be heading back to Virginia for another summer with the Heritage Theatre Festival.

Looking back, I've had a great time. As I said to a friend recently, my time here has not only presented me with learning opportunities within Stage Management, but it's helped me grow more as a person. I've developed some new hobbies (who would have thought I'd ever do a 5k in my life, let alone 2 in two months!), made some new friends, and have developed a better understanding of myself. I've put myself in new situations and have continually accepted challenges where there was no guarantee that I would succeed. Without getting too philosophical--I've learned a lot of life-lessons out here and I hope that I'll hold onto these teachings rather than leave them behind.

So, needless to say, this may or may not be my last entry. I think there are plans for the SM team to go out for drinks before I leave, and that should be fun. Then, as I mentioned, my Mom and I will be making the trip back together--so there may be some fun things to report on there. Until those times--Au Revoir Mon Amie!

No comments:

Post a Comment