Saturday, March 20, 2010

Celebrities

So, in the past week I've had the pleasure of being in close proximity to 3 headliners:

-Zac Efron
-Vanessa Hudgens
-Criss Angel

Zac and Vanessa came to Mystère, and I went to see Criss Angel Believe. Due to the confidentiality contracts I've signed I can't do into detail about what I saw backstage, but I can share a few things about the space and the show.

The theater seats approximately 1,600 people and was not originally built for this CDS show. Prior to Believe it was the space for the Blue Man Group and Hairspray. The theater is a traditional proscenium arch venue. Criss's dressing room is 1,200 sq ft. ...that's larger than most of our college apartments combined. Due to the magical theme of this show, there are no acrobatic elements, but rather Criss's stunts and dancers. The cast number is a whopping 16 people.

I'm beginning to think of Cirque as less of a specific form of art and more of a producer. What I find great about this company; however, is that it's a family. From one show to another every one shares a common bond and is there for the same general purpose--to contribute to the production by giving their best in their area of expertise. It's pretty cool, and I'm glad I get to be around it for another 6 weeks.

So, on the same vein of my 'Celebrity' title, I have some exciting news to report. This coming weekend I will be free-lancing for the TI casino and will be Stage Managing the comedian using the Mystère stage. Want to find out who it is? Go to the TI site and look up their events. I'm managing the one of the 26th.

But, moving on and and checking out--the 5K is tomorrow. I'm waking up at 6:30 in the morning to drive 30 mins to go run 3 miles at 8:30 in the morning. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment