I should probably come up with more creative titles...
Anyway, day 3. Last night (day 2) I shadowed another SM on the rover track, then tried running the track with her shadowing. It went alright. I was a little confused as to which set of stairs I should go up when, but other than that there's any other major bloopers... in my opinion.
I did the same thing this evening with another SM, and then the GSM (General Stage Manager) shadowing me. Again, not major bloopers for the most part. There is a part of the show when a guest is taken backstage and dressed up (sorry if this is a spoiler!) and then they get sent back onstage, and it's the Rover's job to dress and place that person in time for the next entrance. I'm slow on this right now, but I'm hoping that with practice I'll get it right. Everyone's been really great about having my backstage. I feel comfortable enough in this track that if I HAD to do it by myself (which I won't b/ I'm an intern and it's liability) I feel that I could. I was left alone for a moment when there was an injury backstage and the GSM went to take care of it. Don't worry--this person is fine. So, after 3 days, and shadowing 4 shows, I've learned the Mystère Rover track. Yay.
Tomorrow is office work and projects. I'll again run the rover track and have another SM shadow me. We're dark for three days this week instead of two (part of their vacation rotation), so it's a long weekend. This Friday; however, I'll be going backstage of Zumanity. FABULOUS. From what I know, I'll be attending trainings, and then watching the show with the calling SM and then possibly roving in the back. We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment